Frenship pole vaulter Sarah Tackitt ended her milestone 2018 season by clearing 12 feet, 6 inches to claim fifth place at the UIL State Track and Field Championships last Saturday in Austin. It’s icing on the cake for the junior who set a new pole vault school record four different times this season. Her 12-6 vault at state matches the record she had already accomplished in previous meets.
“Sarah’s work through the off season and pre-season was evident throughout,” said FHS track coach Stefani Shortes. “She is not only an exceptional pole vaulter but also a good hurdler and sprinter for us. I have no doubt that we will continue to see great things from her next year.”
Tackitt claimed numerous individual titles during the 2018 season including the City Bank Tiger Relays, the District 2-6A Championships, and the Area 1-2 Track and Field Meet.
UIL STATE TRACK AND FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, AUSTIN
CLASS 6A GIRLS POLE VAULT
1. Mackenzi Hayward, Lewisville Marcus: 13-6
2. Kaitlyn Banas, Cypress Ranch: 13-3
3. Olivia Buntin, Comal Canyon: 13-3
4. Lexie Leinnweber, New Braunfels: 13-0
5. Sarah Tackitt, Frenship: 12-6
6. Katie Schlather, The Woodlands: 12-6
7. Hannah Miller, Cypress Ranch: 12-0
8. Alex Kubicek, Pearland: 12-0
9. Peyton Mickelson, Klein Oak: 11-0