On Saturday, September 24, the Wolfforth Area Chamber of Commerce hosted it’s Annual Harvest Festival and Parade in front of a large crowd. The day kicked off with the parade down FM 179 and Main Street. Floats from many of the Frenship schools as well as community and business members, the Frenship Tiger Band, the Texas Tech Masked Rider and many others joined us! The Festival took place just west of Wolfforth City Hall with an assortment of food, craft, merchandise and booster club vendors. A petting zoo, bouncers and obstacle course and horse-drawn carriage rides entertained the kids!
Highlights from the day include:
- Ms Madison Sparkman, a Senior at Frenship High School, was awarded the $500 Harvest Festival Queen Scholarship. Madison is the daughter of Sam and Tami Sparkman. Madison future plans include attending Texas Christian University with an area of study in the medical field. When asked about her favorite thing about our community, Madison says that she loves how easy it is to get involved with everything and that she has loved representing her school. She has also been involved with the Harvest Festival since her first Fun Run in kindergarten.
- Janeth Wilson, a Senior at Frenship High School, is the daughter of Todd and Vickie Wilson. Janeth was awarded the runner-up scholarship of $250 in the Queen’s contest. Janeth plans to attend the University of Texas to major in Special Education. She plans to work with children at the elementary level and to also be a CASA volunteer.
- Vickie Wilson was the winner of the Harvest Queen Raffle and took home a check for $1171!
- The 3rd Annual Color Dash had approximately 500 elementary age children run this year! Kids from ages kindergarten through 5th grade ran down Main Street and back and were coated in colored powder as the ran. The kids had a blast and many adults enjoyed the fun too!
- Entertainment throughout the day included Frenship High School Cheer along with their mini-cheer campers. The FHS Dance Teams also performed for the crowd! A BIG thanks to Wild Fitness for the amazing Zumba demo! It was a highlight of the day!
The Wolfforth Area Chamber of Commerce would like to thank all those who volunteered their time to help with this year’s Festival. It takes an army to put on this event and we are greatly for each of those that came out! Another big thank you to Frenship ISD for all your support and to the many booster clubs, school organizations and groups that came out to participate! Thank you to the sponsor of our Color Dash t-shirts, AimBank! And to our Grand Marshal Walter Drop, amazing job at keeping everyone entertained and for sending the nice rainfall at the end of the Festival! See you all again next year!
Photos courtesy of Curry Photography http://capturethemomentphotography.photoreflect.com/