Designated as one of the fastest-growing school districts in Texas, Frenship ISD welcomes hundreds of new students each year with current enrollment exceeding 10,300 students across 14 campuses. More than 90% of the approved bond will be dedicated to building additional schools and renovating existing facilities to accommodate the 2 – 5% increase of student enrollment each year.
“Frenship ISD and our students are successful because of our community support. I am proud of the number of people who cast their votes in this election, and I want to thank our community members for their continued support and investment into the future of our District, students and staff,” said Dr. Michelle McCord, Frenship ISD Superintendent. “I also want to thank our Long-Range Planning Committee and district staff who spent months analyzing growth data and conducting research to develop a financially responsible plan to address our growth.”
The voter approved bond includes plans for:
- Construction of a second high school
- Construction of a fourth middle school
- Construction of a ninth elementary school
- Renovations and updates to the current Frenship High School
- Repurpose the Ninth Grade Center to serve as the current Frenship Middle School
- Repurpose Frenship Middle School to serve as additional space for professional development and administrative offices
- Safety and security upgrades across the District
The passage of the bond is just the beginning. Over the next few years, Frenship will work closely and collaborate with community members, parents, students, local business owners, and other Frenship stakeholders to help with major decisions as new schools are constructed.
Click HERE for more information on the approved bond package and a proposed timeline.