Last week, Frenship HS had 57 DECA students compete at the state level in Business, Marketing, Finance, Hospitality & Tourism and Entrepreneurship events. Twelve students made it on stage with five qualifying for the international competition and seven alternates. Students have been preparing for this competition since early October.
Frenship students were among a staggering 4,200 others from the state of Texas vying for the chance to make it onto the stage. There are more than 219,000 DECA students at 3,500 schools across the country, and only 10,000 make it to the international competition each year.
The international competition – DECA International Career Development Conference – is hosted in Atlanta, GA at the Georgia World Congress Center April 21-24th. Frenship will be sending the five qualifiers and any of the seven alternates as necessary.
Frenship HS International Qualifiers:
- Business Growth Plan: Payton Adams
- Marketing Management Team Decision Making: Brycen McClellan & Miller Hardy
- Hospitality & Tourism Game Board Design: McCaleb Hart
- Human Resource Management: Erin Ritchie
Frenship HS International Alternates:
- Advertising Campaign: Jace Winters, Nick McCauly & Landon Parrott
- Hospitality & Tourism Professional Selling: Caleb Starr
- Professional Selling: Ally Black
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing Operations Research: Zac Lowry & Kayden Langen