Frenship ISD is pleased to share a new strategic plan that will guide the district in its current planning, activities, and initiatives for the next five years. The strategic plan includes the organization’s call to action, beliefs, strategic measurables, goals and specific results.
The plan, which was approved by the FISD Board of Trustees in February, was developed over several months from the collaborative input provided by many stakeholders in the community.
“We have spent several months collaborating with our parents, teachers, students, and community members to plan Frenship’s future,” said FISD Superintendent Dr. Michelle McCord, Ed.D. “Frenship has a rich tradition of excellence because of the dedication of those who came before us as well as the commitment to equipping every student for the future. I can’t wait to witness the extraordinary accomplishments to come.”
The district participated in an array of activities throughout the fall semester of 2016 to identify goals that are aligned with the vision and beliefs. In addition, FISD developed action steps to accomplish those goals.
Input was first collected through an online survey for community, teacher, and student to identify district strengths and challenges. The district then collected similar data at three different community summits hosted at various FISD campuses. Various focus groups were also surveyed to discuss their priorities, hopes, and desires for the future of Frenship.
After the data was compiled, a district design team consisting of members of all the stakeholder groups synthesized the input into measurable goals. A district lead team comprised of campus and district leaders then developed an implementation timeline to ensure we accomplish our shared goals.
In FISD’s new strategic plan, the district’s seven strategic measurables include:
- All learners will engage in meaningful, relevant, hands-on learning experiences
- All learners will be exposed to various fields of interest to cultivate a deeper understanding and passion for a successful future
- All learners will be involved each day in collaborative, challenging, and engaging classroom experiences
- All learners will demonstrate personal and academic progress in a variety of ways
- All learners will take ownership of their educational experience in an environment that enables them to do so
- All learners will be prepared for the college or career pathway of their choice
- All learners will be able to effectively communicate through various methods
The plan includes seven new goals and specific results which support the strategic measurable, including:
- We will optimize partnerships with businesses and the community
- We will positively seek innovative solutions to address current and future growth while honoring Frenship’s rich tradition of excellence
- We will ensure authentic learning experiences and assessments
- We will establish and preserve the character, culture, and traditions of Frenship ISD
- We will educate and protect district fiscal planning
- We will ensure consistent school and parent connections
- We will capitalize on all communications methods
The full strategic plan can be viewed at the link below: