Parents or guardians requesting a new Out of District Transfer for the 2016-17 school year may submit a transfer request on or after June 22, 2016. The FISD Student Services Department will begin notification of transfer acceptance or denial during the week of August 15, 2016. New transfer requests submitted prior to the acceptance date will not be acknowledged.
New students to Frenship ISD must register and attend their home campus as determined by the district boundaries. To submit an Out of District Transfer Application you must have the following upon meeting with the Student Services Office:
- Completed Application
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Updated Shot Records
- Social Security Card
- Student’s Last Report Card – Indicating Grades and Attendance Record
- Any Discipline Records
- Student’s Latest STAAR Test Results
- Transcript if in High School
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee for all new Out of District Transfer requests. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
FISD Out of District Transfer Application 2016-2017
Student transfer requests are considered on an individual student basis. However, the guidelines below are in place to ensure consistency in our process. The transfer requests will be reviewed by the Director of Student Services and if the transfer is denied, there is no appeal process. As long as the criteria for transfers continue to be met, student transfers are approved for a one year period. An approval for one year does not guarantee nor imply the continued approval of future transfers into the district or to the same campus.
- Due to the rapid growth in the FISD, the Director of Student Services will generally deny requests for student transfers to campuses projected at 90% of capacity or greater as of August 15th, 2016. Portable building space will not be included in calculations of capacity.
- Requests for an in-district transfer during the semester will generally be denied based on potential disruption of the educational program at both the assigned and requested campuses.
- In-district transfers will only be given consideration when there are extenuating circumstances as determined by the Director of Student Services.
- Students with a previously approved transfer may request to remain on the same campus even when that campus is projected to be more than 90% capacity.
- Sibling Transfers – Sibling status will not guarantee transfer approval. Requests to transfer to attend a school outside their attendance area with their sibling will be evaluated as all other requests and will not be given preference. Siblings must meet criteria for transfer eligibility.
- Students not living within District boundaries will not be eligible to attend the Reese Alternative Campus.
- New Out of district (Inter-District) transfers will only be considered through the first two (2) weeks of each semester.
- A resident student who becomes a non-resident during the course of a semester shall be permitted to continue in attendance for the remainder of the school year. FDA (LOCAL). Parents need to complete an Out of District Transfer within two (2) weeks of the move.
- A resident student in kindergarten – grade 8 who is attending a district school and moves to another campus attendance area may continue for the remainder of the current school year to attend the school where the student was initially enrolled. FDB (LOCAL). A transfer form must be completed within 2 weeks of the move.
- Parents whose transfer requests are approved will be responsible for providing transportation to and from the campus.
- A student whose parent is a Frenship ISD employee may remain on a campus that he/she has attended for at least the previous year if the parent transfers or is reassigned to another campus or to a district level position.
- Student transfers may be revoked for lack of academic progress, poor attendance, late arrivals, or misconduct. FDA (LOCAL)
- Transfers will be reviewed periodically throughout the school year to ensure transfer criteria are being met.
- Transfers may be revoked at the end of the current school year for failure to meet criteria.
- These decisions are final and are not appealable.