The blood drive occurs April 19-20 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the FHS Student Center.
Frenship High School will host a community blood drive next Wednesday and Thursday (April 19-20) from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day in the FHS Student Center.
All eligible students, staff, administration and community are invited to donate.
To be able to donate blood, there are a few requirements that must be met:
- Must be at least 16 years old (16- and 17-year-olds must have a permission slip)
- Must bring a photo ID
- Must meet minimum weight requirements PLUS five pounds (see photo below)
- Must be healthy with no recent surgeries, blood diseases or high temperature
It is recommended that for those who plan to donate to eat a healthy breakfast/lunch and drink lots of water.
To make an appointment to donate, email Amy Baker or sign up online at www.bloodhero.com. The sponsor code is “Frenship,” when making an appointment online.
Reasons to donate:
- All blood donated stays in the local area
- One pint of blood can save up to three lives
- It takes less than an hour to save someone’s life
- Donations can be made on behalf of a specific person or patient to reduce their medical expenses
- Individuals can learn their blood type
For any questions, contact Amy Baker at the high school at firstname.lastname@example.org.